Wellness opportunities such as health assessments, health education and physical fitness activities are provided to all school staff, including the administrators, teachers and support personnel, to improve their health status. These opportunities encourage staff to pursue a healthy lifestyle that contributes to their improved health status, improved morale, and greater personal commitment to the overall coordinated school health program. This personal commitment often transfers into greater commitment to the health of students and serving as positive role models. Health promotion activities conducted on-site improve productivity, decrease absenteeism, and reduce health insurance costs. Qualified professionals such as principals, supervisors, health educators, school health nurses and school personnel/human resources directors provide leadership in this area. |
TN DOE Staff Health and Wellness Home Page
- Chair Yoga – A printable worksheet detailing a simple Chair Yoga Progression.
- Choose to Move – Join other women from across the country who are meeting their heart-health goals through Choose To MoveSM!
- The Daily Plate – Free resource with a nutrition database of almost 300, 000 foods, calorie and fitness tracker and goal management tools.
- Healthier U.S. – On HealthierUS.gov you will learn how to: Make physical activity a part of your day, eat more healthy foods, protect yourself and your family from illness, and avoid risks to your health and the health of your loved ones.
- Healthy People 2010 – Healthy People 2010 challenges individuals, communities, and professionals indeed, all of us to take specific steps to ensure that good health, as well as long life, are enjoyed by all.
- Job Stress Management – This site describes job stress causes and effects and tips for workplace stress reduction.
- Prevention – Articles and Information about diet, health, anti-aging, weight loss and more.
- School Employee Wellness – A comprehensive guide that provides information, practical tools and resources for school employee wellness programs.
- WebMD – WebMD provides valuable health information, tools for managing your health, and support to those who seek information.
- Working Life Center - Find information on workplace stress, workplace safety and work-life balance from the Mayo Clinic.