Why Redesign the High Schools?
Today's students need to be Next Generation Learners, ready for success anywhere they go. Through the Academies, they can jumpstart the college and career experience. Academy students get to "try on" a career before heading into the real world with a clear advantage.
How is This Accomplished?
- Aligning Resources
- Schools follow common schedules and processes. Curriculum lines up directly with college and career choices. Updated technology and Federal and local grant money are at the ready, to help to ensure continued success.
- Businesses get the chance to participate by sponsoring Academies and courses. They also allow for students and teachers to have hands on experience outside of the classroom. Colleges, universities and apprenticeships are providing opportunities for dual-enrollment, which lets students earn college credit in high school and lets parents save money on tuition.
- More focused on student interests, teaching and learning is now project-based, with professional learning communities and increased community enrichment.
- Raising Expectations
- Intensive professional development and data will drive decision making.
- Standards, non-negotiables, self-monitoring, removing barriers and holding all people accountable.
The Five-year Plan
Dr. Chaney Mosley
Director of the Academies of Nashville
2601 Bransford Avenue
Nashville, TN 37204